Thursday, November 21, 2013

I've Been Loving: Doc Martens♥

Hello my lovely panda bears. In today's post I am going to show you some of my favorites of these lovely shoes as well as show you guys how to style them. But firstly, a quick history lesson by yours truly. Doc Martens were originally created by Klaus Martens in 1945. He actually created them after being in the army and realizing that his boots were too uncomfortable. Quickly he created the legendary shoe that would go down in fashion history.  

  My Favorites:




These are a classic pair. The image that everyone gets in their head when talking about the infamous "Doc Marten".




This pair is another one that is really popular. It's simply a pair just like the black, but a dark cherry red color. To me, this is really grunge looking. 


And to all of the mint green lovers such as myself, I think these are perfect and totally girly at the same time as being edgy. 


They also make many different floral patterns on these bad boys, which I absolutely adore. I love these because like the ones above, they are feminine and rocker at the same time.


This is the last pair I am going to show you guys today. I really like the white plus the chains. People tell me all the time that white isn't an "Edgy" color, and well my friends, I hope this picture will help change your minds.

How To Style:


I personally believe that Doc's make a great addition to any grunge/rocker outfit. I love the ones shown in this picture, as well as the pants and AC/DC band tee.


Another great way to style them is to pair with a dress. I love this look above to pieces, very rocker but yet quite feminine and girly at the same time.


I adore this outfit for many reasons. Firstly, velvet is totally in this season, secondly this is an outfit not a lot of people would think to put together and thirdly, because of this amazing cardigan.


This last look is all about layering - Which I believe is one of the best ways to wear Doc Martens. It really enhances them, no doubt. 

So tell me my beautiful freaks, what do YOU think of Doc Martens? Would/do you wear them?

Stay Beautiful,
-Mak

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Aren't they the greatest??
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  2. I never owned a pair, but I do like the way they look and how great they are on some people. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Natalia - Totally recommend you get yourself a pair! You won't regret it!
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  3. Very beautifuls ;)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! I would love to check it out when I have a spare moment.
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  4. dr martens are always a good idea!
    I love so much these shoes! I've got two pairs of them but I wish I had more! haha

    Kisses
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they though? I don't blame you girl - Wish I had them ALL. Haha.
      Thanks for subscribing, by the way!
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  5. I love Dr Martens boots.. I don't own any pair yet, I don't know if it's just me but I think they make me look even shorter than I actually am, but I don't know if I can keep myself from buying one any longer! I love seeing people wearing them and my favourite pair would always be the dark cherry red colour, such a nice colour for Fall.x Love the second and final outfit ideas, something I would definitely wear.
    xxxx
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I feel the same way Steph. I don't own a pair either surprisingly, they don't sell them anywhere near where I live so I think I need to order them online. Oh yes! The Dark Red Cherry color is simply beautiful and so grungy...LOVE! Thank you for reading friend.
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  6. I too am a lover of Docs! You have a keen eye girl, keep it up! But you really should invest in a pair of them, I don't think I need to tell you how worth it they are. Instant style statement! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks so much, Kira! Oh definitely. The first second I see them I will buy them no doubt. ;D
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete