Monday, October 14, 2013

Rock-It Edit (Featuring Abbi Jordan)

Mak:  Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog. It may be obvious by the title - But I'm starting up a new series featuring the beautiful Abbi Jordan from blackwaterhoney! Now trust me when I say this, this collab is gonna be sick. Here's how it works. Every month, we are both going to choose a rocker outfit that we think is awesome, write about it, and tell you where YOU can buy/get this look. First host is gonna be from yours truly, then next month on Abbi's blog. So make sure and go subscribe to her (Link will be at the bottom) and let's kick this baby off with her portion of this post! 

Abbi: Hi! I'm Abbi :) Thought I'd introduce myself since the lovely Ms. Mak  is hosting our edit this time around. I am beyond excited to be doing this project with her and I can't wait to hear what you guys think! 

Edgy fashion has always been some of my favorite. But for this piece I went a little wood-stock. 

Here's my look:

Outfit: Flaming Hearts Mini Dress & accessories-Free People
Retail: $148.00, freepeople.com 



Inspiration: Fall, Grace Potter (Grace Potter and the Nocturnals) , Joss Stone 

While I love spikes and black leather, I'm just feeling this raw, indie rock vibe coming from this look. Very 70's Stevie Nicks. Its feminine and flow-y, and the earthy undertones give it a slight grungy twist that just screams a good bass solo. :) I'm digging the hat too. 

Get the Look: I love the look but not for $148 dollars. There's not enough material there to pay that much! For a look like this I'd go thrifting, or head to my favorite re-sale shop. The point of this is to look causally thread bare. Like you just rolled out of your Airstream looking fresh as a 60's daisy ready to be a roadie. But if you don't have time to go digging in racks at your local Goodwill (most awesome place ever by the way ) try this much more affordable dress from MiniPink...





Pair with your scuffed up boots, throw on some layered jewelry and bangles, let your hair do its natural thing and viola! You're ready for Coachella. 


Hope you liked our first Rock-it edit! Can't wait to hear what you think! 

Till next time -A
 _______________________________________________________________
Mak: Firstly can we just talk about what an amazing outfit Abbi chose? Yeah? Yeah?  For my look I thought I would go for the classic glam rocker vibe. 

Outfit: Hat, H&M.  Bag, New Look. Cardigan, Primark. Shirt, London. Jeans, H&M. Bracelet, Portobello Market, London. Glasses, Vintage.
Inspiration:  
I was totally inspired by the hair metal bands of the 80's for this look. Bands such as Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, and Aerosmith wore pieces such as leopard printed pants, crazy T's, and different forms of boots such as the pair shown above.

Get The Look:
The absolute best thing about this look is it's easy to create. As Abbi said above, going to your local thrift shop will be your best bet. After all - Who else sells hats like that? Another great thing about thrift shopping is that a lot of the pieces sold there are vintage. So who knows, maybe you'll get a pair of printed pants that slash wore in the 80's. Or one of his fans. Or something. Even if not - The "worn" look is something you'll want here. 

Stay Beautiful
-Mak

6 comments:

  1. I love the last look! <3
    xoxo
    http://elenasofiastocco.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena, I do too! ;D
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  2. Love both of the looks!!!!!

    Beautifully chosen girls :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Elizabeth, we really appreciate the feedback!
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  3. Love both looks! Absolutely stunning!
    xo

    http://peekaboo-vintage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Rosie - We really appreciate the feedback and thoughts love!
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete