Friday, April 5, 2013

Styled Person Of Interest: Kurt Cobain

Hey everyone, how are we? So today is kind of a sad day for me. I know you may think me strange, but knowing that one of my favorite singers died 19 years ago to this day really makes me a bit down and out. Kurt was one of those people who I just felt a connection with. Not that I'm depressed or suicidal (Thank the Lord), but in many other ways. So, in honor of him, I decided to make a post dedicated to his style, and some of my favorite outfits he's worn over the years. May he rest in peace.


In my opinion, Kurt defines Grunge. He really gave it a whole new meaning with his style, and it really caught on did it not? Here he wears patched jeans, a striped shirt, and black converse (In which he actually wore a lot during his life). 


Another thing that Kurt wore a lot were these white rimmed glasses. It's awesome to think that he was one of the first people that made them popular, and now their in style everywhere.




Kurt really liked wearing these kinds of sweaters over regular or printed T-shirts. It really added to his whole "Grunge" look.




Yep, he really had quite a thing for baggy sweaters. Can you blame him? If I could I'd wear them every second of every day. Haha ;D



The one thing that a lot of people don't understand about Kurt's style of Grunge fashion in general is how to actually wear it themselves. They think that they must go and do a ton of research to find out how exactly to look grunge like. If you're one of those people, hopefully my advice here will help you. Grunge, it's something you can have fun with. There's no specific way to dress for it. You just layer layer layer, look at old pictures of people like Kurt, and your good to go.

So what do YOU Think of Kurt's style? Do you find any inspiration from it?

Stay Beautiful♥

-Mak

4 comments:

  1. I like your post a lot but I´m one of those persons who will never understand him.

    xoxo, Daniela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I totally see what you mean Daniela. A lot of people aren't a huge fan or don't understand the guy. You're not the only one! :)Thanks for reading <3

      -Mak

      Delete
  2. I understand him in more of a depressive state of mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I totally hear you! People connect with him, even thought he's no longer with us. Thanks for your comment dear <3
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete