Monday, March 18, 2013

What To Wear: Easter♥

I know many people who have told me how exited they are for Easter. So today I'm going to give you a "Easter Lookbook" of sorts. This will be full of outfit, hair, makeup, and nail ideas for this lovely holiday and also for spring in general! Let's start out with fashion.

                                              For A Dressy Look:
The nice thing about Easter is that you can have a lot of fun with your style by adding floral prints and bright spring time colors. This dress has "Easter" written all over it and has a beautiful cut that is perfect on her body type.
Lace dresses are my favorite thing in the world to wear currently. To me they scream "Spring" and "Girliness" and can be paired with an edgy jacket to tone that down, or not to embrace the feminine side of your style. It's up to you! Personally I would pair with some sort of leather jacket.
     Wearing something daring like these bright Tiffany Blue heals would look fantastic.
 
Floral is another thing that is great to wear on Easter or in the spring time. Dresses such as this that are lightweight and easily wearable are perfect because you can dress them up by wearing it by itself or with a sweater and rocking pumps, or you could try wearing a blazer and flats to make it more casual.

                                            For A Casual Look:
If your wanting to do a more casual look, it's more than okay to do so. The nice thing about easter is it's more "Anything goes" than most holidays. This picture is perfect because it still has a spring feel to it but is not as dressy. Also note that pastel pants are lovely for this time of year!
Here are some different casual looks if it's a bit more "Chillier" where you live. I know for me the snow is still flying so something like this for a casual Easter would be a great idea.

                                                 Makeup Ideas:
Although I'm usually one to do a darker eye and nude lip more often than not, I do agree that for Easter, a lovely bold pink lip is a really good idea. It adds a youthful, fresh, spring like feel and looks good on just about everyone.
Here's another idea. If your bold enough to do so, I would encourage you to play around with color for your eyes and go with a soft pink or nude lip. It's the one holiday that really encourages vibrant colors like pink, blue, purple, orange, and yellow.

                                                     Hair Ideas:
I don't know about you guys, but I love the "Soft curl" look for Easter. It's not very often I curl my hair like this, in fact it's usually a bit more edgy/crazy, but once and a while I do like to go for this look. 

                                                   Nail Ideas:
In general, I like to think that pastel colors are quite stunning for Easter. One I recently bought was Revlon's "Minted," and I absolutely love it. Another color that is probably the most famous mint green out there is Essies "Mint Candy Apple."

If your someone who wants to try a bold nail idea, maybe try one of these ideas. Their super adorable and not very hard to do!

I really hope you guys liked this post as much as I did writing/making it. I thought it might be something new and fun. I'm not always exited for Easter so I thought hey, I might as well get in the mood and get inspired. Hopefully it inspired you as well! 

Let me know you're thoughts on this post in the comments below!

Stay Beautiful♥

-Mak

12 comments:

  1. Luv the colors of the dresses! this is so helpful for me because i have no idea what to wear for easter1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good Jenny! I'm so glad it gave you some ideas! <3 Thanks for stopping by! It really means a lot.

    -Mak

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already checked out both of your blogs and can I say "THEY ARE AWESOME!" hey do you have like a twitter or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thank you! It always makes me smile to see positive feedback girl! I actually don't have a twitter or facebook :( I'm so sorry! But I do have a pinterest if you want that.. :D

      -Mak

      Delete
    2. Sure I love Pinterest! mine is http://pinterest.com/jemsparkl/

      Delete
  4. I do like your idea and all your pictures are great :)

    xoxo, Daniela

    http://bussikatzl.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniela! You're so kind! Also thank you for subbing, it really means a lot to me. <3

      -Mak

      Delete
  5. this post makes me want to paint my nails for the holiday. =D

    jens @
    www.needsomethingtowear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha awesome Jens! Love your blog, by the way, keep up the good work! <3

      -Mak

      Delete
  6. LOVE IT!

    www.fashionsmama.blogspot.com

    From your newest followerxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You SO Much For Subscribing! It Seriously Means The World To Me. :D

      -Mak

      Delete