Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I've Been Loving: Summer Dresses♥

For those who are new to my blog, I'll give you a quick summary of what these "I've Been Loving" posts are. Basically how it works is I choose one thing (Whether that be a specific item, brand, etc) that relates to fashion that I've been loving lately. Then I show you my favorites of this specific thing, how to rock it, and where you can currently buy it. I choose items that range in price to suit everyone's budget! These posts are in no way sponsored.

For this edition, I'm focusing in on summer dresses for 2014. Since the weather has been heating up where I live, I've been really into rocking them on an almost daily basis. Whether I'm hanging out with friends, working, or running errands, summer dresses are a staple item that every woman should have in her closet. Since I've done a post on how to style them already, I'm just going to show you all some of my favorites and where to buy. As always I would love to hear your thoughts on my picks. Enjoy!

Tribal Print Cutout Dress, $24.80, Forever21.

This dress is one that is not only flattering and cute, but also very comfortable. Definitely a win win situation here guys! Another thing I love about it is the fact that you could style it with different statement jewelry to give it a more fancy look, or keep it the way it is for a more casual every day look.

Oblige Sage Green Dress, $40.00, Lulus.

I know the whole "mint green" trend technically ended long ago, but I still absolutely love it! To me mint green is timeless, feminine, and classy. And this dress is just that, too! 

Fitted With Daisies Dress, $128, Free People.

I can't even tell you guys how much I absolutely adore this dress. There are many colors to choose from, but I'd have to say this is my favorite. The deep red is just lovely and breathtaking! Another thing I love about this piece is it's shape - This would look flattering on just about anyone.

For Love And Lemons Lulu Dress, $138, Nasty Gal.

Nasty Gal has some amazing dresses. They may be on the pricier side, but their quality and unique look makes everything totally and in all ways worth it. I love this dress because of it's simplistic beauty. I think it's important to have a couple dresses in your closet that you can play around with (Accessory and shoe wise), and that go with practically anything you add to it. 

Neon Racer Front Pleated Skater Dress, $32.99, Charlotte Russe.

It's always fun rocking a bit of neon during the summer. And although a lot of women stray away from it because of it's eye catching color, I think if worn right it can look quite classy and feminine. I also love the cut of this dress. It's modest yet beautiful and could be rocked with a statement necklace, like shown above.

Stay Beautiful
-Mak

Where To Find Me: 
Twitter: @makennaalene
Business Inquiries: maksbeautyattacks@gmail.com 

4 comments:

  1. I like the skater dress. It is a pretty color and is a winner because if the structure and pockets.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that darling, Sharon? I love the color as well. Thanks for reading love!
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  2. i love this post so much because i adore summer dresses too! and dont worry I'm still obsessing over mint :p i actually made a post about summer dresses if you want some other ideas :) x
    Life as a Petite // Bloglovin ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I really enjoyed reading your post and am SO obsessed with that second dress with the lovely design - Just perfect for summer! <3
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete