Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Styled Person Of Interest: Mick Jagger♥

Oh, how excited I am to be writing a feature on this rock icon. I've been listening to him (he's the lead singer of The Rolling Stones, for those here who are Bieber listeners...) since I was a wee lass. I love a lot about Mick, his personality, his sense of humor, and of course, his style. In today's post I am going to be featuring my all time favorite outfit's he's rocked over the years.


Compared to most famous rock stars, (Like Steven Tyler for example), Mick has, for the most part, had a very clean cut kind of look on his days off. He loves fitted cardigans and jackets, a good pair of jeans, and a simple pair of shoes.


This one of my favorite shirt's that he has worn. May sound strange, but I love the simplicity of it. Mick is definitely a very good definition of the famous quote "Less Is Better". Sometimes when you want to focus or get attention on one item of clothing, you must decrease the use of accessories and layering and such. It really depends on the look you're going for, though.


One of the things I love about Mick's style is the fact that he wears very eclectic and vogue looking outfits when he does photo shoots. He always seems to keep it interesting, like this outfit above. I would have never thought to pair such a crazy jacket with these striped pants. (Also the fact that he pulled off black and yellow without looking like a bumble bee is amazing in itself, no?)


These days you will find Mick dressing a little different - Usually a pair of comfortable shoes, black jeans, a tee-shirt, and printed jacket. Not too bad for the age of 70, now is it?


You can never end a post about a rock star without a picture of him/her in a leather jacket. It's definitely a signature piece in most of their wardrobes and always gives every outfit a little extra something, also making it appear edgier.

So tell me my beautiful freaks, what do YOU think of Mick's style? Also make sure and let me know who YOU would like to see featured on my next "Styled Person Of Interest" post. I'll make sure and add your name & blog link, if you may have one.

Stay Beautiful
-Mak

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Makenna:

    Outside of the stage I never really considered Mick Jagger's style. It was nice to read about his laid-back style when he wasn't/isn't performing. Now regarding his on-stage style I have always considered it to be flamboyant and quite interesting. If you haven't profiled her already, Stevie Nick's style would be of interest. Great post. Love your blog.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the post darling, thank you for your lovely comment! I have considered doing a feature on her many times - Will definitely do so now. I will let you know once I've posted, as well as add your blog link!
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Doesn't he though? Thanks for reading, darling!
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  3. Loved reading this post beaut! I love me so Mick Jagger!! ;D

    Maybe David Bowie???

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear you, he's pretty amazing to say the least isn't he? Perfection! I'll put your suggestion on the list love. Thanks so much for reading, as always!
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete