Friday, January 3, 2014

New Years Resolutions...For My Style?♥

Today I thought I'd do something a little different. I realized that there are so many things I'd like to change about my style this year, to better improve it. We all need a little improving, nobodies perfect, so I thought hey. Why not share them with you? Also I want to hear if YOU have any style resolutions for this year. Make sure and leave me a comment!
If you'd like to see my personal New Years resolutions, those will be up on my personal blog within the next couple days. (All of my social media sights including that blog will be at the bottom.) 

1. Buy more basics.
I have this thing where I love to buy insane pieces that don't really fit (Or match for that matter) with anything else in my closet. This year I'd like to buy pieces such as a plain white tee, a basic blazer, etc. 

2. Stop being lazy.
You know, on campus it's terribly easy to want to wear sweatpants. Those chilly mornings call me to my most comfortable and cozy clothes. And I must admit, a couple times I did so. But much of the time I didn't want to dress up because of how miserable I might feel. Not this semester, no sir.

3. Keep updated with the trends.
I'm not a trendy girl when it comes to my style, although I used to always have the latest vogue issue in hand and because of college I haven't been doing it as much. I feel like this is important in the fashion industry, to stay on top of everything happening.

4. Get inspiration.
Anywhere and everywhere, inspiration is a beautiful thing. I think we all get caught up in the idea that our style is good the way it is. And don't get me wrong, it probably is good. But as I said above my friends, we can always improve in everything we do.

5. Get rid of anything I don't wear anymore.
I am a major pack rat, especially when it comes to clothing. I could spend days looking through my closet and not get rid of one single item. This year I plan to donate a lot of it. It's a win win, am I right?

Alright my beautiful freaks...Now its your turn.

Where to find me:

Business Inquiries: beautifulfreaks17@gmail.com

Instagram: @makennaalene

Stay Beautiful
-Mak

3 comments:

  1. Such a great and unique idea! I know exactly what you are talking about, I always buy clothing pieces that are so difficult to pair with the clothes I already have and I always have to buy new ones. Just got an idea about my first style resolution, I need to buy more basics as well! Love all of your resolutions.x I need to clear up my closet as well, I have so many clothes I haven't been wearing for ages and still have them! Hope you are having an amazing weekend friend! :)
    xxxx
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth though? Actually posting a post all about basics tomorrow, hopefully this can help! Thanks for your lovely comment friend <3
      Stay Beautiful,
      -Mak

      Delete
  2. I hope you do well with your resolutions doll, they sound like great ideas :) xx

    ReplyDelete