Sunday, March 10, 2013

What To Wear: A Chilly Day

Although I said spring had sprung in one of my latest blog posts, I might have to take it back now. Where I live, it's snowing off and on and the weather is absolutely freezing. So after being inspired by the weather, I decided to make a post dedicated to outfit ideas for a cold chilly day.



Starting off I thought it appropriate to say that this is one of the few times that major layering is completely normal and acceptable. Everyone does it. You, me, and Justin Bieber. Wow..that was random. But you get my point right? I don't know about you guys but I love the fact that sometimes I can go out with 5 layers of clothes and scarves on. It's completely comfortable!

Important Note: 
I should mention that just because we layer things does not give us the right to look frumpy. This is a fashion no no. If done right, layering can be quite lovely. You just need to know how to do it.




For a super casual outing like going to the store or getting gas or something, wearing something comfortable but cute is key. Above are some good examples.


For of a formal event, like church, a nice dinner, or a date, an outfit like this is perfect. A dress above the knee, tights or leggings of another color, and either combat boots or healed booties. If it's colder than adding a sweater would probably be a good idea.

So what do you normally wear on a cold chilly day? Leave it in a comment below. Also let me know if you have any ideas on what I should blog about. I'm open to anything!

Stay Beautiful♥

-Mak

No comments:

Post a Comment