Friday, March 15, 2013

Mak Talks: Being Yourself In Your Style

Hey everyone! How are we today? I thought it might be a good idea to start a new series on my blog, and it's going to be called "Mak Talks." This will still be fashion related, and in every post I will talk about something new. Let me know what you think in the comment section below!

I think I can say this on account of a lot of people out there, we tend to fall into following trends quite easily. I know some girls that do so more than others, so today I thought it might be a good idea to touch on this subject a bit. You, are completely different than anyone else in the world. You were born unique. Unlike some people who think otherwise, I truly believe that we are meant to embrace this fact. I'm not saying that you can't buy a pair of shoes because you thought they were cute on your best friend, but I am saying that you only get one shot at life. And do you really want to spend it copying someone else's style? Think about what you love. For example for me, I love rock music and anime. I like to show that through my style while putting a lot of myself into it. With anything you do in life, you will receive criticism. Whether that be said to you verbally or behind your back. I know that dressing like yourself and being unique will probably make that even more so. But in my opinion, it is completely worth it to never change or follow someone elses style if that means losing a piece of myself.

What are your thoughts? Leave a comment below!

Stay Beautiful♥
 
-Mak  

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I couldn't agree more. If style if a way to express yourself, why copy someone else style? Sure, we can like and even buy the same piece that our friend has, but why not giving your own spin to it?
    Small details, personal details construct the best outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Daniela! WELL SAID! Thank you for your kind and beautiful comment, it made my day! <3

    -Mak

    ReplyDelete